Wean off yaolan

Hi my 3 mths old likes to slp in the automatic yaolan. The issue is that he nap on his cot during noon, and only want to slp in yaolan at night. How can I change? Because he always cry nonstop when I tried to put him in for at midnight

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to stop/reduce using the auto yaolan. Our babies will get used to the frequency of rocking and would only want to sleep under the same condition to feel secure. Try to exhaust more energy of lo before bedtime (tummy time, book reading etc, warm bath), ensure baby is well fed too. Slowly rock and place in cot after baby fall asleep. Try to ensure conditions at night are consistent too (dim lights, room temperature etc). My 3.5 mth old sleep yaolan in the day but sleep through the night for 10 11 hours in the cot. Be patient and dont give up!

Read more

My 14 mths sleeps well in stroller when outside. Even sometimes at night when he cant sleep, iput him inside stroller and walk inside the house n he will ko. Then we will carry him back to cot. He sleeps yaolan at grandparents house

I put my LO in yaolan only afternoon. Night I will pat him until sleep or carry. Midnight cry it might be your LO hungry? Actually before that also like this but I side my LO to sleep after he deep sleep I put him back sleep.

VIP Member

I think only solution is persistent. Cot have any toys bear or pillow that he need to sleep?

4y ago

No.. he don’t have a fav item to sleep with yet. He will keep crying till I put him in yaolan and on the auto mode

VIP Member

Takes time to wean off... Just have to be patient(:

Trial and error

VIP Member

Slowly