Just checking..

Hi mummies, need some advice from you all. My LO is turning one in June. When he was 8/9 months, he stopped taking bottle. He has been eating well for solid. Currently taking 5-7 times solid per day. 2 times home cooked porridge for lunch and dinner. 2 times cereal with my BM ( I pumped out in the day time) 2 times Japanese instant porridge In between one time fruit for snacking. He have not STTN yet, so he latch me to sleep or yaolan. Not an independent sleeper yet. Oh he drinks water very well from sippy cup! But he can differentiate water and milk. So tried to put BM or FM in the same sippy cup but didn’t work out. Question: When he reach 1 year old, I plan to introduce him fresh milk. My friends recommend - Dutch Lady milky milk. All say must put in fridge. But it’s so cold for LO at their age? So... 1) must I put in fridge ? If yes, when I let him drink. Do I need to make it less Chill him? Or is it okay to let him drink straight from the fridge? 2) I’m trying to quit the night latch. Whenever he wakes up for latching to go back to sleep, I will use the yaolan instead. Normally yaolan is for day use for his nap. Was thinking if yaolan will be an issue if I manage to convert him from night latch to yaolan? Idk which problem to solve first. Him waking up for comfort latch or if he’s 100 percent reliant on yaolan. Background: is not I don’t wna sleep train him when he was younger. My mum stay with us. So she wouldn’t allow my boy to cry for more than 5 mins... Thanks in advanced! Best regards, Worried mum

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

1) If you already opened the milk carton and not put in fridge it will spoil. So I think you can either buy those small packets that LO can finish in one go, that way you don't need to store in fridge. Or if you buy the big carton then just store in fridge. Drinking cold milk is totally fine unless your LO doesn't like it. My girl loves cold stuff, she even likes licking ice so no issue there 😛 2) I don't think you should let baby sleep in yaolan for the whole night since there are risk of falling or suffocation. I also recently weaned my girl off night latching, it's definitely very challenging. I tried to sleep in a different room and let my husband take care of it because if baby sees me it will be more difficult. So you need to rely on other caretakers (husband, mother, helper etc). Either offer a bottle or just try to calm baby down by other means like rocking, singing. It's very difficult, but once you succeeded for one night, the next night will become easier and easier. The first night for me was terrible as we all didn't get much sleep but the second night was already better and after 3-4 nights she's completely fine, and within 2 weeks she could finally sleep through the night. So it's difficult but it happens very fast as babies are super adaptable. Just give it a go and stick with it. Good luck!

Read more