Quarrels and Arguments

Will your baby be affected if Mummy and Daddy quarrel or argue in front of him? Like shouting, throwing of things...

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes. From as young as 3 months, they start understanding tone of voice and different voice volumes. My baby even cried with fear in her eyes when daddy was scolding the older sister. They understand a lot more than we think they do. My suggestion is to take all quarrels to a separate room. Put baby to sleep in a safe place (cot), then go to another room, close the door and quarrel if you need to. There’s definitely a chance of injuring baby if you or your spouse throws things at each other, so please try not to? Fights are common and sometimes unavoidable for all parents. It tests your relationship but also gives you an opportunity to make your relationship stronger and find good ways to resolve arguments. Hope you and your spouse will be able to find healthy ways of resolving disagreements soon. Modeling a loving relationship between daddy and mummy for baby goes a long way in helping baby grow up to feel secure and loved, and also learn how to love others in the future. ❤️ Don’t feel afraid/ashamed to seek help/counseling if you need it. It’s worth it for your relationship and for baby.

Read more

Yes it will definitely affect the child. I am not proud of it but i have had big arguments whereby we threw things etc and my boy was screaming when it happened. Now that he is 2, he will ask us to speak softly if we happen to speak in a slightly loud voice. We regret ever letting him see our ugly fights but when emotions take over, there's little to no sense of whats rightor wrong. Dont be so hard on yourself. We all slip up sometimes. I hope you'll get thru this! 💪

Read more

Yes of course. My family talk loudly and it sounds like an arguement even though they are not. I got emotionally affected when I was young and all the way till I grow up. And till now, I still hate ppl raising voice and got very troubled with it.

VIP Member

Yes definitely:( Most of us have to learn to control our temper, we try not to quarrel in front of our child. Best not to throw things at each other as it can be quite dangerous and traumatizing for the child.

Yes definitely. They try to understand that situation and sometimes they might cry as well out of fear and confusion. These situation should be completely avoided in front of the baby.

VIP Member

It is usual for baby to be affected. That's why we don't do it when baby is around. We dun usually shout also. We just discuss the issue together

Yes. Me and my hub always quarrel I nearly commit suscide with my baby. I was told to let baby listen to music so won't get affected.

Yes, definitely. They will feel scared and confused. Will affect them emotionally overtime.

Yes definitely your kid will react to it by screaming and crying

VIP Member

yes. they sense what we feel.