saying bad things to your baby

Who has encounter before, mil in front of ur baby tell him/her that mummy will chase them out of the house during this period?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

MIL just wants to irk you. I'm very hot-headed so my mil never dared anymore after she saw how violently angry I can get as I'm really very jolly but she can't see me happy but after seeing my outburst, she'd rather see me happy, I guess... I think you just tell her nicely that it is unpleasant and if any concerns tell you straight. Don't play these silly games... it is unhealthy. Be sure to keep your husband informed. Convey the msg factually...

Read more

I have mil saying back things about me in front of my children. End up I move out. Staying at my own nest without her. Now she is staying alone. That's good. How can she do this. Very unhealthy for children. My hubby knows. Actually I ran out of home twice then decided to move out to have our own nest. Cannot stand her. If your mil has a own home then ask her move back if not happy otherwise ask her to keep her mouth shut!!!

Read more
VIP Member

I will definitely not accept it. She may or may not be joking but this can have detrimental effects on the young kid's mental well being and he may feel unwanted. I will just say nobody is chasing him out, he's always our precious one and home is always for him. Individually i will let mil know this is unacceptable no matter what, even if last time this was the norm. Move out or cut contact if necessary.

Read more

in my case, its not my MIL but my BIL tenant. she like to ask for my baby and talk nonsense like 'why? mummy never give you milk that's why cry isit?' or 'mummy beat you isit?' im so annoyed like why in the world do you have to say those nonsense and untrue things. she made me into a bad mummy right infronf of my baby. jeez i feel so sad that i told my hubby and lessen my time outside of my room

Read more

My MIL comes visit once a week and she talks nonsense to my baby all the time, even did not want to acknowledge that my baby is calling out for me. I don't get why she's jealous of my baby being close to me🤷🏻‍♀️I would first tell my baby what grandma said is not true and tell my mil off. Babies may seem too young to understand but in fact whatever the adults say would affect them.

Read more
Super Mum

What?? Lol. That’s a bit ridiculous. I would do one of these 3.. 1. Tell my MIL not to say such things 2. Tell my baby in front of my MIL, “Don’t worry, you can always stay here with mummy.” 3. Pretend that I heard it wrongly and ask, “Oh no, why does grandma want to chase you out? Don’t worry, grandma is joking. No one will chase you out.”

Read more

Erm Then ask them stay in over this period U are not chasing them away but it’s for everyone’s good and precaution I would then in front of bb say Mommy is not chasing anyone away It is for everyone ones safety Especially bb yours and Ah ma’s

Read more
VIP Member

Wow.. As for me,my own mother always like to comment on how i unperfect am i,dont know your baby want this and that. I just replied , every mother born with a mother instinct , eventhough theyre not an experienced mother.. But my mil so nice !

Read more
VIP Member

Some mil just feels threatened when mummy and baby are close. But seriously thats uncalled for and i may have lost my cool over it.

VIP Member

Please tell your mil off. Or maybe get your husband to tell her nicely. Such remarks will leave an emotional trauma on the kids.