Sleep

Can your 2-3 month old baby fall asleep on his own? What did you do? Mine has to be latched to fall asleep. Whether naps or bed time.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

She couldn’t. But I actually started training self soothing from that age. When she called for us after waking up, I’d wait 2-3 minutes before picking her up, and then gradually lengthened that waiting time. By 4 months, sometimes, she fell back asleep during that waiting time, and (I monitored on the baby monitor) she subsequently didn’t make any sounds on waking up for about 10-15 min. She could entertain herself for a while. This became important in my sleep training. My LO’s been sleep trained since 5 months (initially rocky but now she’s really good at it). Currently she’s 7.5 months, and we time her awake intervals and monitor her sleep patterns very closely, so putting her to bed is usually quite a breeze. No rocking/patting/latching. Just put her down in the cot while awake, close the curtains, turn on the fan/white noise, go out and close the door.

Read more

my LO is 2.5m+.she sometimes can and cannot fall asleep on her own haha depending on her mood i guess. i dont latch anymore so i bottle feed her. i started sleep train her at 1m+ (like by 8pm,lights off curtains closed, feed her on my lap for the last interaction of the day before putting her back in her cot) once feed done, if she still awake, i will burp her and put her in her cot awake. i will just sit beside her cot, no communication. she will fall sleep max by 15mins on her own while i do nothing beside her. as she knows its her bedtime. sleep train is important as it helps them to get into pattern. so its important to be consistent with the activities and timing. however bc 2-3months babies still young, do be flexible abt the sleep schedule. it takes time for them to get used to it so dont give up. jiayou mummy

Read more
VIP Member

Nope. 2-3 month old babies are too young to self soothe. It might get better from 4-5 months onwards. The crux is to ensure sufficient awake time and nap times in the day so that the baby don’t get overtired or under tired

VIP Member

Mine too from 2 months plus... now coming to 5 months it's getting worse and wakes up multiple times at night to comfort latch.. haiz.. it was better for a while but I'm guessing is sleep regression... So exhausted.....

Same with mine Need to latch or lie on me to sleep But nap is ok Only bed time Slowly and gradually try Still young Only stop when he’s about 12-15 months lol

Read more
VIP Member

I latch her to sleep too and she’s not showing any symptoms that she can self soothe yet. 4 months old baby girl

VIP Member

I latch her to sleep. She can sleep on her own too but she will suck on anything to be able to do so.

VIP Member

Same. Latch to sleep for day and night. Has been doing so for 22 months now

That sounds cute.

No