Sleep

Can your 2-3 month old baby fall asleep on his own? What did you do? Mine has to be latched to fall asleep. Whether naps or bed time.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

She couldn’t. But I actually started training self soothing from that age. When she called for us after waking up, I’d wait 2-3 minutes before picking her up, and then gradually lengthened that waiting time. By 4 months, sometimes, she fell back asleep during that waiting time, and (I monitored on the baby monitor) she subsequently didn’t make any sounds on waking up for about 10-15 min. She could entertain herself for a while. This became important in my sleep training. My LO’s been sleep trained since 5 months (initially rocky but now she’s really good at it). Currently she’s 7.5 months, and we time her awake intervals and monitor her sleep patterns very closely, so putting her to bed is usually quite a breeze. No rocking/patting/latching. Just put her down in the cot while awake, close the curtains, turn on the fan/white noise, go out and close the door.

Read more