You think I can develop my child to become a music lover if I give her toys like a piano, xylophone, guitar etc. asap?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If the parents are musician their kids are likely to incline in music too as the influence is larger than non musical background parents. Normally young kids love music, you can try to switch on some music and play instruments with him. For me, I find that my boy likes string instruments like guitar and violin a lot. We bought him a ukulele and a toy guitar and he has been playing with it and pretend to sing for about 6 months and the interests are still strong. We occasionally let him watch people playing live music and he likes it too. When he grows older we will send him for voilin class since he has shown interests in it.

Read more

You can expose your child to different instrusments when he's young to see if it triggers any interest. Exposing him to kids his age that already has some experence to might help. However, children have opinions too, and I feel that there is still a chance for your child not to like music despite growing up playing with music intrusments.

Read more

you can try but it does not mean they may like it too. are you or hub music lovers? if yes that just increases the chances of lo love for music. after all each child is different.

VIP Member

I guess it really depends on the kids. If the parents is a musician, the kid will naturally have a love for music. But no harm trying though!

you can try to start offering musical instruments now to see if baby actually enjoys playing with it

thanks