Would you allow your preschooler to go for a sleepover?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes I will. Good reasons to say Yes to Sleepovers. 1. Your kids will get a chance to practice the manners you teach – it’s no good if they don’t, right? 2. Your kids will get to do and try different things – food, games, travel, etc. they may not otherwise, which is all part of making it a treat, yes? If it’s good for you, why isn’t it good for them?? 3. Your kids will make new friends, and so will you, if you behave yourself. 4. Your kids will get to learn social boundaries and custom – how to behave in someone else’s house, car, etc. is different than behaving at home – and they only way to learn that is “on the road”. 5. You and your kids will have a chance to unwind and relax, away from the constant attention of each other. 6. You and your kids will be on the path of mutual trust, which has to start early. 7. Your kids will HAVE FUN. That’s what’s its about. THEM HAVING FUN.

Read more

I think there are a lot of factors to consider. The most obvious being whether the child is ready to go for a sleepover. Will he/she be able to fall asleep in unfamiliar places? How secure he/she will feel in the friend’s house? How well do you know the other party (because they will be the ones who will have to handle your child if he/she becomes nervous or anxious)? Personally, I would probably only consider sleepovers at school-going ages. The child will be better able to know what to expect and it would probably be a more enjoyable experience (feeling all grown up being able to spend the night away from home) than it would be for a preschooler (who may end up feeling anxious). For preschoolers, I would suggest more play dates with other children where the parent is around to attend to any emergencies. Just my personal take on this issue.

Read more

I think there are a lot of factors to consider. The most obvious being whether the child is ready to go for a sleepover. Will he/she be able to fall asleep in unfamiliar places? How secure he/she will feel in the friend’s house? How well do you know the other party (because they will be the ones who will have to handle your child if he/she becomes nervous or anxious)? Personally, I would probably only consider sleepovers at school-going ages. The child will be better able to know what to expect and it would probably be a more enjoyable experience (feeling all grown up being able to spend the night away from home) than it would be for a preschooler (who may end up feeling anxious). For preschoolers, I would suggest more play dates with other children where the parent is around to attend to any emergencies. Just my personal take on this issue.

Read more
VIP Member

Pre school kid has alot of stuff to prepare for sleepover and some of them not even 'graduate' from potty training. Sleepover for preschool i think will be a huge challenge both for guest parents and the host. What if they cried in the midle of the night and ask to go home? And what if my kids have some allergic? Too much drama to handle i guess i'll give the permit when he is older and more independent.

Read more
VIP Member

I agree with Hui. Personally, I would not. At this age, preschoolers are highly to regress during bedtime. They need to feel secured and the most secured place for them would be their own abode where they can see familiar faces--even when they wake up in the middle of the night. Another thing to consider would be bed-wetting which is very common at this age for it might be bothersome for the host family.

Read more

There certainly are many factors to consider for this: what place is it? Is the baby feels comfortable in going there for a sleepover? Are you comfortable with the people where he/she is going to go for a sleepover? If there comes a time when your baby needs you will you be able to reach in a quick time? Only after all of these checks I will allow my preschooler to go for a sleepover.

Read more

No I do not allow my kids to sleep over at her/his friends' house, unless it's very close relatives. I do not want to make it a habit for my children to sleepover at people's house when they are young. I remember there was once my daugther went to neighbor's house for a few times during holiday and since then she kept begging want to go and threw tantrums.

Read more

thanks

VIP Member

No unless at grandmas