Working mum

Hi working mummies, due to long hours at work I am missing my son badly. Felt like I am having separation anxiety from him, any mommy have the same feeling? What do you all do?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel the same way too but high cost of living in singapore so we mothers have to work if we want a better life for our children. I'll rush to fetch my son from childcare as soon as i am done with work and i will spend as much time as i can whenever i am home. There really isnt anything that can be done if we have to work hence the cheren will have to go to childcare. I had separation anxiety from my son too. I was the one that cried on his first day at childcare. It'll get better, stay strong!

Read more
VIP Member

Yes separation anxiety is real. Totally feel it when I'm back to work the very first week. I'm at 3rd week of my back to work and I do still miss my son. What I did is just keep looking at my son picture or just focus on clearing my emails then rush home asap

VIP Member

It’s normal to have this feeling especially if u just ended ur maternity leave and returning to work. U just need some time to adjust urself mentally and emotionally backed

Super Mum

Me too! Been a month since I am back at work fr my maternity and I miss my daughter lots. Find myself scrolling through her pics, and rushing home on the dot!

Super Mum

Me too! When I'm at work, I will try to focus on what I am doing and knock off on time to pick LO up!

VIP Member

Normal. I would “fly” home just to see him. Maybe try if you could seek for “work from home”

Hi, It is normal to feel like that. Please try asking your management if you can work from home :)

VIP Member

Same, i think its normal for mums to feel that

Yes it’s normal!!

I thk is normal.