Missing child’s preschool graduation concert

How terrible is it if I have to skip my kids preschool graduation concert? I am a working mum and I have a clashing work appointment at the same time that I cannot get out of

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Do you remember who attended your own preschool graduation? I think the only important graduation to attend is the final graduation - so unless u don’t intend to send your child to primary school, secondary school, college and further, seriously don’t be so hard on yourself :)

Read more
Super Mum

Best not to miss it. Your child will be disappointed when he see his classmates with their mothers. Best to explain to him beforehand and ask your husband to video his performance for you if you really cannot make it.

Super Mum

Depends on your kid. For some, they will remember forever that you didn’t go and be upset with you. For some who are more forgiving / easygoing, it’s not a big deal.

TapFluencer

Better to attend. Preschool grad is only once. They will be sad if they never see u around. Maybe can ask ur boss if possible to take half day off?

VIP Member

Best not to miss it:( Can you speak to your boss? I guess if its not possible do have a good talk with your child.

Best not to miss the graduation concert. Try to arrange and reschedule your work as much as possible.

I will suggest you try to attend. Your kids will be very happy to see you there supporting them.

I will try to reschedule and be at the concert

Better not to miss it.