Full Time Working Mums Without Helper

Hi, just wondering any full time working mums without helper or parents help here who cook for the family after work? FTM to be and wondering how I can manage to cook for the family after work in future. Earliest I can reach home now is 7pm.. Anyone in similar situation can advise? Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Im a full time working mother with no helper or parents to help out. You might want to cut and prep the items to cook the night before. Usually I cook rice in the morning before i leave for work and thaw the meat in the bottom compartment of the fridge. I usually go into Masterchef mode when i get from work to ensure all the food has been cooked before i settle down. It gets a little crazy rushing thru the whole cooking process but its possible. It may seem intimidating and you may get flustered but you'll get the hang of it after awhile. You can do it, all the best! :)

Read more

Yes,i'm a FTM here. You can 1) prep the veges to cook on the night before 2) get timer rice cooker, so rice will be done by the time u reach home. 3) thaw the meat before going work 4) prepare soup via slow cooker 5) use pressure cooker . Definitely save up time and cut down the cooking time+

Read more

Hello, You can do the meal prep the night before, by cutting veggies, marination, wheat dough prep etc and once you are back from office, it is just about cooking which just comes in handy. May be you can also have your husband's help ?

VIP Member

Try using a slow cooker. Start cooking in the morning. Ready to eat by night. Go for simple meals. It’s easier to clean too.

VIP Member

Work one a menu. Try to stick to it. Prep the ingredients beforehand