48 Replies

I also find pacifier less evil but not necessarily every minute they had to suck on it. I only give my lo the pacifier when I need to calm her down or put her to sleep when she is crying badly. Thumb is always there so I find it harder to get rid of the habit.

I would think pacifier. The thumb is always there so it may be harder to wean the baby off from sucking. Also as the kid gets older, they tend to touch everywhere which may result in them bringing the germs to their mouth if hands are not washed yet.

no perfect answer to this there is different school of thinking just do what you think is best for your baby and what makes you life easier I let my baby use pacifier because I want to prevent her from putting everything into her mouth

pacifier better as the outer shape can reduce the pressure, better for the growth of teeth. also easier to stop, when lo first got blocked nose after 6 month, it's so easy to stop it. but not so simple for thumb sucking.

Pacifier is less evil. Even for pacifier also there is a limit. Best if the child is weaned not later than 3years of age as there will be distortion of the teeth with prolonged use. Try to wean your child from 1year onwards.

Personally i think both is fine as over time, they will learn to let go. Mine was easy as i just ask him to throw away in the bin as it was spoilt. After dat, i gave him another one to replace but he declined.

Research has shown that thumbsucking is worse for your lo's teeth than pacifiers. If you are comfortable in giving your lo pacifiers then let him/her take it. It's good to soothe them and better for your sanity.

thumb sucking is just a short phase while they explore, just pull his hand off gently and tell him 'no' and they'll learn. all my 3 kids were never offered the pacifier and they are perfectly fine

Thumb sucking is harder to wean off , pacifier can just throw away but thumb you cannot cut away . So if your baby needs something to suck is better to give pacifier then let baby suck his own thumb .

For me pacifier is less evil as once it gone it always gone unlike finger they can suck it as and when therefore it harder to stop them from sucking fingers then throwing away their pacifier

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles