2 month old sucking thumb

Hi mummies, my baby son is sucking his thumb at 2 month, he wears a mitten now to prevent sucking directly. Do I introduce him a teething toy now or leave it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At 2 months old, your baby son sucking his thumb is a common behavior as babies have a natural urge to suck for comfort. Using a mitten to prevent direct sucking is a good temporary solution. Introducing a teething toy at this age might not be necessary as teething typically starts around 6 months of age. However, if you notice that your baby is showing signs of discomfort or wanting to chew on things, you can try introducing a teething toy. Make sure the toy is safe for his age and check for any small parts that could be a choking hazard. Remember that every baby is different, so trust your instincts and observe your baby's cues. If he seems content with the mitten and is not showing signs of teething discomfort, there's no rush to introduce a teething toy. Ultimately, the choice is yours as the parent. You know your baby best, so do what feels right for you and your little one. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

i removed his mittens. kinda scary now cos he still scratches his eyes when sleepy. but he learnt how to suck his thumb etc and grabbed toys. i did not introduce any teething toy unless he knows how to grab

TapFluencer

it isnt a need 💕