Which is of a lesser evil? thumb sucking or sucking on pacificer? my son (3mths old) has a tendency to suck his thumbs.. so whenever he does so, I will let him suck on the pacificer instead..

48 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daugther nag thumb suck since baby sya,,,ung baby ko, un na kasi ung ginagawa nyang libangan kpg wala sya ginagawa.yan din ung ginagawa nyang kakampi.basi sa nakausap nmn,thats normal.

i dint use pacifier previously but one day i realised her thumb turning red from all the sucking. i started giving her the pacifier. so i guess the lesser evil is pacifier

i think pacifier less evil.. but once you lost it.. bb will cry to find... my gal is on thumb sucking since birth...12yrs old still sucking her thumb during bedtime.....

How about a nothing? :) A wise mummy friend shared a "nothing". After 6 months just lightly "thiak/take out" thumb if baby suck. After some time he/she won't.

Pacifier is a better option than thumb sucking as pacifier we still can let them 'quit' if thumb sucking they will become a usual habit and harder to quit

I prefer pacifier than tumb .but my baby give up pacifier when 18 mths .he too mature and pass the pacifier to me when I tell him that he was grew up

I vote for pacifier! The thumb is always there! Hard to stop I feel! Of cos if he doesn't need anything that's the best! Nothing to wean off later!

Hi! Ask ko lang po, may tendency PO na ma allergy so baby Kahit breastfeed ko xa? Tilapia lang po kinain ko tapos namantal na xa.

I think pacifier is better.. my girl thumb suck. Darn smelly. Idk how to wean her off. But that's d only way she smooths herself tho.

VIP Member

I think pacifier is less evil than thumb sucking. Luckily my daughter throw pacifier by herself about 2 years old.