Maternity pads or adult diapers pp?

Which is better at preventing leakage post-partum? I saw many foreign YouTubers/doulas advocate for adult diapers as an ease of mind. Any thoughts on this?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Suitable nightpad wings is sufficient for me And due to skin irritation too and comfort For myself i choose Laurie relex night or night safe Other brands gives me itch or something like pimple N the hospital ones which is the string type is zero comfort n the inflammation really starts to sting on the first day. During my hospital stay. Which is why i decide to change to night pad the first three days i tried other brands n finally settled for Laurie night pad.

Read more
Super Mum

I used 35cm sanitary pads. It was enough:) They’re long but thinner than maternity pads and hence more comfortable. Because I changed the pad about twice a day initially, it was easier to just change a pad, rather than to wear adult diapers and have to change the whole thing. With newborns, the time we have to do anything is very little 😅 so we need things to be quick

Read more

Honestly, I think a lot of new mums aren't prepared that they will suffer some degree of incontinence postpartum. On hindsight, I should have used adult diapers, at least for the first month or so. But heavy flow normal pads or maternity pads both work just as well for the bleeding. It's the incontinence new mums should watch out for...

Read more
VIP Member

Actually maternity pads or sanitary pads meant for overnight flow is good enough. But u can buy some additional absorbent sheets to place on bed before u sleep just for additional protection.

VIP Member

Those long overnight pads with wings are great! Somehow maternity pads are super uncomfortable for me as they are too thick and leak sideways!

VIP Member

I used adult diapers! Nvr regretted at all.. nt even once leakage.. when the lochia has lessen i chged to normal pads

A lot mummies recommend the Kotex overnight panties. You can buy a few and try it ^^

VIP Member

There’s one under Kotex . It’s a pants kind. It’s really highly recommended!

Hi Fionn! I used kotex overnight panties. I love it. It was comfy and no leakage at all.

Post reply image
4y ago

Yup i used this too. Abit costly, but so convenient!

Super Mum

Maternity pads initially, sanitary pads are sufficient thereafter