Feeling hopeless

Whenever I ask my husband to look after my child or interact more with her he told me I was the one who wanted to have children so I need to be responsible to take care.he will do his part that was agreed upon. I feel hopeless how can someone be so heartless and say this kind of thing like the child is only mine.i wonder why then the child has to take the father's surname. Maybe I should change to my surname. Maybe I should consider divorce.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you! My husband didn't say that, but he doesn't sleep with us. He sleeps in another room, the reason being that the baby will disrupt his sleep, making him unable to work. So it's equally as bad as your situation. When we quarrelled, he scolded me taking care of one baby so tiring ah! Other people still need to work while taking care of the baby and I don't have to work. 😫😢

Read more
1mo ago

hugs 🫂 just treat him transparent. I think will feel better.

i feel you sis. sometimes feel like want to strangle him. everything i need to do myself. all he does is watch TV, play games. Lucky mine only 1 child. Enough. At the same time, my child would come for me more than my hubby which makes the bond btw me & child more closer. It just put a smile whenever I look at my child.

Read more
2mo ago

ya I also feel one child enough I dun dare to have the next one

That’s super irresponsible and selfish of him. If that’s the case, charge him market rate nanny price then. That way he can just pay money, don’t need to interact or look after her but at the same time the child will magically grow up 🙄. PS. I would totally change the surname lol 😑.

Walaoooo he really said that! I think thats the reason why when making babies, there should be mutual agreement. But still, how can he say like that.