When your child is sick, let's say with a flu, do you still bring him to the doctor or you just directly give him meds?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

usually, we call our doctor or doctor's office immediately and see what we can do from home. However, our pedia is very helpful and will usually schedule us in for appointment even if the sickness is minor. I think a check-up is always worthwhile and is DEFINITELY the safest route to take!

Since we are breastfeeding, we do "unlilatch" first and I monitor her if she will have fever. Then I update the pedia of her status. The pedia gives advise for signs on when to bring her to the clinic, or if we can give medicines without visiting the clinic.

I usually monitor the child's condition during the first day. If fever lang, I give Paracetamol. But if I see other signs other than regular fever, of course, the child needs to be brought to the doctor already.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If the symptoms are the same, we try to recall what the diagnosis is and prescriptions given so we need not bring them to the doctor anymore.

Yes we still bring her to the doctor. We're just too scared to give her meds so to make sure, we visit the pedia and ask prescription.

I observe first within 24-48 hours. If it still doesn't stop after 2 days with all the meds, I immediately bring them to the pedia.

We do bring her to the doctor. Mahirap mag ala chamba sa pagpapainom ng gamot.