When you have a big fight with your husband, do you prefer to be separated for a while to cooling down the situation, or asked for third person to be your mediator?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For me, i personally prefer to be separated for awhile to cool down the situation before sorting out the actual reason for the fight. It also depends the third person mediator comes from where, sometimes it may seems like the third party mediator is siding a certain party, or may even accidentally added in some words to bring the heated argument back. My husbands likes to solve the situation IMMEDIATELY regardless you are still very angry and not in the right mind. Thus, we always ended our argument in a pretty nasty tone

Read more
VIP Member

Personally, I think a fight between a couple should be sorted between the two, unless it is something that both cannot amicably end. As far as a third person is concerned, tread carefully. Because a third person may be fair, but may not really understand your problem the way you'd want them to. In addition to that, their commitment to sorting things out would differ from yours. My advice is to sort it out between the two of you and avoid involving a third party. There is nothing love cannot solve.

Read more

I prefer to cool down and my hubby is well aware of that. Fortunately, he is also one who prefers to take a time-out when the argument gets too intense or heated. We usually simply take a break and let each other cool down first before addressing the issue again. The main thing is to return to the issue and not to leave it unsettled.

Read more

I personally feel that you should let things cool and then approach the issue with a fresh perspective. Involving a third person has its own risks, unless things are really, really bad between the two of you. Besides, the third person may come with his or her own agenda. So it's best to sort out your differences on your own.

Read more

Fight between a couple is quite natural. Different thought is the root cause of argument. Therefore sort it out by giving time to each other. More importantly don't stretch it out and should not happen frequently.:)