When shld i go for first check up after getting positive hpt? Found out at week 4(assumed), but i think is only week 3... How much is e fee for first check up? how soon wil u tell ur hubby abt it? aft confirm w gynae or before?

Post image
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As soon as you find the test positive, get yourself checked by gynae as soon as possible as the first trimester is critical. Would recommend telling your spouse as soon as possible as you need support as well. The fee depends on which gynae and which place you are going to but usually it is about $30 to $50 if I remember correctly.

Read more

For my case, my husband & I took the hpt together, both nervous much! We were about 4 weeks then. We went to KKH and under subsidy it was about $80 for the 1st visit? I understand from friends that some gynaes have a package you can buy for a fixed fee, based on certain number of visits.

I didn’t dare to tell my then boyf about it once I find out too. So I left the kit on the toilet basin and he saw it himself. Had my first check up at week 3 cause I was bleeding Badly and cramping.. can only see a dark shadow... Went for private Gynae cost around 300+?

Read more
VIP Member

Depend on your gynae conaultation . If you are expecting and going for gynae checknup usually first birth consultation cost about 120-150. but usually gynae will only see you after 6 weeks .

Usually is 6/7 week best. As before 6/7 weeks, cannot scan any. 1st consultation if you go private is usually around $160-170. Meanwhile, eat folic acid every morning.

Super Mum

Tell your husband now so he can be there for you. It’s a happy moment and 2 of you could call up the hospital of your choice to book appt

250 first visit

See a gynae

VIP Member

It is recommended to see the gynae from 6 weeks onwards so that the heartbeat can also be heard. My gynae Dr Sim Lee Ngor at TMC charges $120 for the first visit and $90 subsequently. There are other payables like the urine strip ($13), ultrasound ($60 1st time, $40 subsequently) at vitamins. Please tell your partner now and go to the gynae together. Nothing beats that feeling of seeing your baby from the beginning i.e. being a teeny tiny being in a woman’s womb and see it grow slowly 🥰

Read more