When is your first gynae visit?

Hi all. After you found out your PT is positive, Which week do you go for your first gynae visit and what did you prepare? I'm going for my first gynae visit soon and would like to hear some opinions. Thank you! :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

They like to arrange it around week 8, according to your last menstrual period. At that gestation age, you can usually see the foetal heart on the scan, and they can do the transabdominal scan (on your tummy) rather than putting the probe in the vagina. Sometimes, the dates you expected is quite different from what they will tell you on that day, but don’t worry:) follow the dates based on the scan. That’s usually more accurate. There’s nothing much to prepare except your IC and wallet. Haha. You don’t need to fast or do much, but I remember doing a urine dipstick test and checking my height and weight at every visit. You may also want to bring a folder to keep receipts, results and pictures from all the visits:) Congratulations and have a great pregnancy!

Read more
4y ago

Thank you for your reply!

I went to my first gynae when i'm already 13 weeks(refferal letter as i don't believe that i was pregnant after taking two preg test and both came out positive)i don't need to prepare for anything honestly,just went there sign whatever form they gave you.If you are scared of needles like i am,be prepared to take your blood test and if your partner is with you,he has to take the blood test as well(i went to kkh)other hospital i'm not too sure

Read more