When is a good age for a dad and new baby to take a trip alone together? I would like to use this as an exercise for them to bond. And for hubby to get into the groove of being proactive and independent. He needs to know how to look after baby when I am not around.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think I would say, if you're breastfeeding, make sure you establish your milk supply first. If you're breastfeeding, you have ample supply stored in the fridge/freezer, and you don't have any qualms about bottle-feeding your breastmilk (and baby also doesn't mind the bottle), then dad and baby can go on a trip together. You just need to make sure you have enough supply to last the trip, plus a way to keep milk cool. Breastmilk taken out of the fridge can last about 6-8 hours, while thawed breastmilk can keep in the fridge for 24 hours. The average daily intake of an infant is about 25 ounces (approx. one ounce per hour). So if it'll be a whole day trip, let's say, then you'll need to make sure to pack enough, and a little more (for emergencies). But what do you mean by trip, exactly? Like a road trip or a trip to the supermarket? Your hubby can start with small trips, like running an errand with the baby. Just make sure he is equipped with all baby paraphernalia he would need while out with the baby - like stroller/carrier, infant car seat, diaper bag, milk, etc. Good luck to your hubby!

Read more

When considering a vacation, it's wise to begin with a nearby destination or even a staycation, especially keeping potential emergencies in mind. If he hasn't had the experience of looking after the baby alone for a full day, planning a trip together might be a bit ambitious at this stage. Opting for a vacation when the child is capable of walking and talking could be an ideal choice, as it would enhance the enjoyment for both the child and him. Try http://fulfillgenie.com/how-to-make-a-gif-your-tumblr-header/

Read more
VIP Member

If you're talking about a vacation, start with a nearby place or a staycation in case of emergencies. If he hasn't taken care of the baby for an entire day by himself yet, then I'd think it's a bit too ambitious to let them take a trip together. A good age would be when the child is able to walk and talk, so it'll be more fun for both of them.

Read more

It’s a good to trip alone for day near by place only but not without mother. Bond can be at home if you’re around 24/7. Make sure the baby is properly feeding throughout trip.

thanks