When did you last cook your husband a special meal? What was it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I prepared a special meal for my man yesterday for his birthday. Everything was from scratch and we were both very pleased with the outcome. On the menu was, grilled halloumi cheese and spinach salad with oven baked cashews, grilled chicken fillets with spicy mango sauce and for dessert, an orange cake with fresh strawberries and chantilly whipped cream. Wish I took some pictures of the food but everything was wiped out rather fast haha.

Read more

For our last meal of 2015, I prepared a mini buffet of sorts for him. It consisted of pan seared lamb fillets, beets and feta cheese, oven baked sweet potato and carrots, sautéed mushrooms and spinach-apple salad. Since most of it was veggie based, it was pretty easy to execute. I had never cooked lamb fillets before so I was extra careful not to overcook it. Everything was delicious according to him :)

Read more
Post reply image

Since, my husband is a Kashmiri, I tried making a dish called haakh, carrot chutney, fries for him in traditional Kashmiri style. Though, he is a hard core non vegetarian but since I am a vegan, I could not make his one of the favourites rogan josh.

Post reply image

Just Monday, cooked him steak and spaghetti. Not something very special, just different from our usual fare of rice and stuff. Haha.. doesn't look very appetizing in the photo (really novice "cook" here) but he enjoyed it (phew!).

Post reply image

I cook special meal for the family especially hub once a month. It is a special treat for all of us. It is something he likes and appreciates and of coz, something I can cook well haha.

VIP Member

I just made him Har Gaw Dimsum. It was, so far the most difficult dishes i ever made. The shape might not perfect but the filling taste amazing!

Well...I definitely never cooked my husband...but each day I cook all meals for him...

thanks

VIP Member

Made b'fast for him...n he loves it

Post reply image