BreastFeeding

When is the best time to pump your milk?.., Eg.morning,evening or night?.., 1 day.,.how many times must i pump my mlik?..,

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Many moms get the most milk first thing in the morning. Pump between breastfeeding, either 30-60 minutes after nursing or at least one hour before breastfeeding. This should leave plenty of milk for your baby at your next feeding. If your baby wants to breastfeed right after breast pumping, let them!

Read more
Super Mum

I noticed that I have the best yield in the wee hours between 4-5am, compared to during the rest of the day. However if you are trying to kick start your supply.. Best to pump every 3 hours, that will tell your body to keep producing (that’s about 7-8 times a day including direct latching)..

Super Mum

If you already have enough supply and can direct latch baby, there's no real need to pump unless you want to save a milk stash for when you're back to work, or if you're engorged. Pumping how many times a day depends on your needs too. If you want to increase supply, look up power pumping

If u r not producing enough milk yet, my pd and lactation consultant suggest to pump 3 hourly to induce more milk

5y ago

No 3 hourly

Done at all parts of the day, depends how it complements your breastfeeding, average 3 hours in between

VIP Member

I guess it's not about the time of the day, i do it 3 hourly after latching my baby.

VIP Member

After every feed so as to increase milk supply or every 3hourly.

Early morning breast milk is usually richest and likely more

VIP Member

I pump every 2-3 hours at first..

Every 3 hours