What's the quickest surefire way to get pregnant? There's no privacy at home because my husband and I co-sleep with our toddler, plus our nanny needs to be able to go in and out of our bedroom at night so she could hand over my second baby whenever she needs to feed and then bring her back to her crib after. So hubby and I are thinking about getting a hotel room...but I want to make sure that the stay will be worth it!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unfortunately, there is no surefire way of getting pregnant. However, there are are some things you can take note of to help increase your chances: - Get a preconception checkup: during which you can provide information such as family medical history. If you are on any long term medication, you can also check if those are safe during pregnancy. Also ask about prenatal vitamins that will help increase the level of folic acid in your body to prepare your body for pregnancy - Know your cycle: Understand the ovulation cycle to know when you are more fertile. There are subtle signs of ovulation, such as changes in basal body temperature and vaginal discharge. In general, for a woman on a 28-day cycle, she is most likely to ovulate on day 14 (taking the first day of the menstrual period as day one). There are apps available to help track your period, you can consider those as well. - Get your husband to avoid wearing tight fitting bottoms and stay off soy products, as these may affect sperm count. - Stay relaxed and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Best to be at your ideal weight as over exercising may affect ovulation. Here’s a great link with more tips on getting pregnant (including food to eat, positions to try, and other forms of assistance you could consider): http://sg.theasianparent.com/help-to-conceive-your-child/

Read more