Getting a seat in a packed train

What do you do when you have difficulty getting a seat on a packed train while pregnant? Do you: a) Politely asks someone for a seat? b) Wait for a kind Samaritan to give up theirs?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

B, still believe in goodness and humanity in general public šŸ˜¬ So far most ppl offered me seat, although not immediately. But I guess if your bump is not obvious enough bear in mind some people might not think youā€™re pregnant and offering seat might be offensive, so in that case if you really feel the need to sit, just do A.

Read more

B. Im only in my 11wks+ so bump not rly big. Only once a kind lady gave her normal seat up to me as she noticed i was smelling ointment and looking very pale as i was having MS & she asked if i was pregnant. :) was grateful! Sitting down makes a difference with MS.

TapFluencer

Haha.. to be honest no of seat offered duringšŸ¤°or nowšŸ¤±can be counted with my šŸ‘ I won't ask for seat cause I encountered someone who gave their seat unwillingly and mumbling when a kind aunty ask her to offer her seat to me

This honestly shouldn't be an issue in my opinion. We can't expect everyone to be nice to us and the only way to go is to ask for a seat if you really really need to sit. No harm asking(:

U have to ask.. When I was in 3rd trimester with visible baby bump, ppl ignore me. The era where ppl was gracious has fade off. So best is you ask.

VIP Member

b for me. i realised those kind samaritans are mostly males. those females just look at me and my bump and just look away like never see šŸ˜‚

B, cos Iā€™m too paiseh to ask. Now that my bump is slightly bigger, people offer me seats on train. But in bus, nobody bothers.

Definitely A, do ask for a seat. Most people are on their phones on the train and so might not see you otherwise.

B for me. Too paiseh to ask for seat.. So i choose to alight & rest instead when i feel unwell šŸ˜…

B, and usually the kind ppl are normal seats, not those priority seats one