What type of pads do you use for your confinement? Maternity pads or those normal ones?

74 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had Natural Birth. I prefer using mothercare’s maternity pad to pureen’s madame. Mothercare’s is much softer and absorbs well. If you have episiotomy wounds, probably you will need about 1 week for full recovery. Therefore it is more comfortable to have thicker pad to cushion your bottom in order to also prevent friction. Afterall these are our own opinions, each has own views and preferences, thus it is still up to you which one makes you feel more comfortable to use.

Read more

I will suggest that you use maternity pad which is made of cotton and softer. The usual pad is usually rougher. It may rub against your stitches and hinder its recovery. I have a friend who used regular pad and ended up getting infection "down there". I have tried both Madame and Kotex maternity mad. Both are good but I like Kotex packaging better as it is individually wrapped unlike Madame which is not.

Read more
Post reply image

I have tried maternity pad, however the pads doesn't come with side wings and my lochia will leak out accidentally. In the end, I switch to use normal sanitary pad that is used for night and comes with side wings. It is comfortable for me and also cheaper than maternity pad. I like Laurier brand too. The material is soft enough for me and doesn't cause abrasion.

Read more

A pack of maternity pads will b provided by the hospital complimentary. After dat, just use a pad for heavy flow a day it should be good enough. In fact, I had leftover maternity pads and had it given away cos it was so uncomfortable to put it on. A waste of money to buy it.

Read more

After my c-sec, the hospital used Kotex maternity pads for the days I was in hospital and gave me a few to carry home. I switched to normal heavy flow pads pretty soon. The flow reduces quite significantly by day 4-5 and normal pads are far more comfortable.

I used those regular night pads with wings. Must more comfortable in my honest opinion and I change as soon as I feel that it's too icky. Personal favourite are Laurier Safety Comfort. Doesn't leak, and isn't so expensive

Post reply image
VIP Member

Kotex Maternity is good! It's better than Pureen as the cotton inside is more thicker and firm. Pureen is a bit soft. Don't standby too much. As usually after 1-2 weeks, become lesser and normal pad is good enough.

I use normal ones but I buy the extra longer types as the flow is quite heavy after delivery. I will use disposable undies too as I don't want to wash anything during my confinement.

I recommend that you get some from the hospital. They are really much better than the commercial ones sold at Watsons etc. This is the one given by mount Elizabeth hospital.

Post reply image

I used normal ones after I finished the hospital ones as they were a little uncomfortable. So I could choose the type (wings, night or light flow when it was reducing)