Maternity Pads

Hi mummies. I’m a FTM. May I ask if anyone recently giver birth in Thomson? Did they provide maternity pads (is it with wing or without)? And after that, what pads brands you use during confinement? I like to use those pads with wings. But saw online mostly maternity pads come without wings (which I’m very uncomfortable with). Need some advice. Thank you all.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Thomson helped to change pads after my c-sec delivery. I don’t think it’s one of those commercially available kind - it was really long, didn’t have wings and they used some kinda binder to make sure the pad stays in place. I don’t remember being provided with pads...so when they stopped changing my “pads”, I used my own adult diapers for 2 days 😅 prior my discharge. At home, I just used Kotex 38 cm with wings and changed often.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you! 👍🏻👍🏻 I will bring my own pads as well then since I will give birth in TMC.

I gave birth in TMC during end Sept, and they gave me 1 pack of maternity pad (without wings) during my 3 day stay. I bought the kotex maternity pad, but didn't like it. In the end, I just used those long 42cm overnight pads with wings.

4y ago

Noted. Thank you 🙏🏻

I just gave birth to my boy in Thomson in September, yes they do provide maternity pad without wing and is enough till the day you discharge. Also the first 2 days, they will change the pad regularly for you. I did not bring mine

4y ago

Noted. Thank you 🙏🏻

VIP Member

Yes they provide maternity pads without wings. Two packs during your hospital stay and a pack in the freebie bag during discharge. I used the kotex overnight panties after that - a little costly but convenient and good.

4y ago

Noted. Thank you 👍🏻

No idea about Thomson but yes indeed maternity pad has no wings. Or you can get the normal pad one for menses with wings but get the large one for night use

4y ago

Noted. Thanks for answering! 👍🏻

TMC provide but no wings. just get those overnight pads with wings

TapFluencer

kotex pants with pad

4y ago

Thank you 🙏🏻

Use Kotex