A lockdown in Singapore would be for the best?

What do you think?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Disagree... There are many essential services that need to keep running, eg. Healthcare, power supply, rubbish collection, food & necessities suppliers/retailers, etc. How will these people get to work if you shut all public transport systems? And if we have a complete lockdown, nothing comes to the country or leaves it, including goods and people. Can we survive without that? Also, let’s say we provide for all the above, but keep everyone else at home.. some people work with daily wages. No work = no money. And hence no food and other essential things. The government won’t support them for that long. It’s a one-off payout. Social services can’t reach them easily if everything is locked down too. And for the people who have no fridges to store food or no money to stock up on food before the lockdown, they’ll starve during the lockdown. I know there are many loving families in Singapore, but there are also many broken ones. And just like in many other countries who have been locked down (and this is reported), domestic abuse or children increases with the lockdown and closure of schools, because the children are no longer fed in schools and protected in schools. They face physical abuse at home, are intentionally starved, and suffer emotional trauma. I’ve witnessed this happening personally before, and thank God we managed to get a social worker in to help the child. There are many benefits to strict social distancing measures, and if it gets worse, yes, the full lockdown may have to happen for a while. But if everyone were to be more responsible, it could actually be prevented. A full lockdown won’t affect my current life very much, but I know that many people will really suffer, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen, or if it has to, that it won’t be for too long.

Read more

nope. pity those who work for surviving. lockdown means they wont have enough for their family and such. and its very selfish for others wishing for sg lockdown 😠 just look at malaysia. lockdown and alot are struggling in terms of money esp

I think very soon it will be

TapFluencer

Not really

TapFluencer

nah