C section advice

What Is Something You Wish You Knew Before Having A C-Section? Or Any Advice On C-Sections At All That Would Be Helpful!?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For the first 1-4days, the slightest cough and laugh will make u tear becux of the pain. That first instance when u had to get outta the hospital bed to go washroom for ur first pee is horrible. Pain like hell. Even when u sit on the toilet bowl, u need assistance from the nurses. Pls also remember to take the solution for helping to pass motion becux u wunt be able to exert pressure at all.

Read more
Super Mum

Expect a lot of shivering after the epidural. Get out of bed and pee before the anaesthesia wears out (will last about 16 hours). The day right after csec will be the most painful but it will get better everyday. Take lactulose to help pass motion. I wish I knew all of these - didn't do any research haha. But overall it wasn't a terrible experience for me.

Read more

The doctor makes an incision above your pubic hairline, that goes thru your skin and abdomen. Then he makes another incision in your uterine wall. The baby is delivered thru these incisions, umbilical cord is cut and placenta is removed. The uterus is closed up with dissolvable stitches and more staples will close up your skin

Read more
VIP Member

That I will walk way much slower than my grandmother after the c-sect for 1-3 days. That I need to suppress my laugh, cough, sneeze before I can reach a pillow. That one of my leg will suddenly react to the epidural injection. Hahaha I had no idea at all!

Read more
VIP Member

Binder is important. Going to the toilet will be super painful and slow Sitting up is painful, so really have to endure when breastfeeding May not be related to csection but i also lost appetite and feelings of hunger & needing to go toilet for that few days.

Read more

Found this list to be helpful, covering many areas. Hope it’s of help to you :) https://sg.theasianparent.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-c-section-recovery-care-tips Also, you can prep silky pajamas to wear after delivery so it’ll be comfortable for you.

VIP Member

Do get help before and after surgery and most importantly rest well. Try and sleep early before the c section too.

TapFluencer

C sec will leave me a longer route to recovery and binder is important

Thankyou for opening this topic! I was wondering as well :)