What are some ideas of celebrating LO's 1st bday?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I brought my son and my mom for a trip to Bali. We also had a separate day that just my hub, my son and i went for dinner. Because i refused to spend thousands on renting a place just for a few hours, or a dessert table which my son won't be eating, or a giant fondant cake which again my son wont be eating or if it can even be finished. Honestly will the 1 year old be able to enjoy a 1st birthday party? Or is it just like the usual "5* hotel wedding dinner" theory? Its more like "for show only". I'd say anything intimate and memorable will be really nice. Spending precious times people that would make an impact to you and you little one's life.

Read more

Frankly, your main star for the day, your baby, will not be able to remember much from this celebration. It is more of a gathering for you, your family and friends. So a place with lots of space for the little ones to gather and run around, some food and drinks for the adults, a great photographer to capture the moments (so that you can show your baby when he/she grows up) would be good. If not, a small and intimate celebration with the immediate families and closed friends would be nice and cozy too. Just my two cents.

Read more
VIP Member

A fun Chinese tradition on the first birthday is to lay out a variety of items, such as a pen, a stamp, an abacus, a flute, etc. The first item that the child grabs indicates his future career. For example, the abacus means that the child will become a successful businessman, while a pen indicates that the child will grow up to be a writer. This Chinese birthday tradition is called “drawing lots” (抓周 in Chinese, zhuā zhōu in pinyin), and originated in the Three Kingdoms period.

Read more

I celebrated at my condo function room, engaged magician, balloon sculptures, hand painting in. Was so fun for everyone. U can also look at chalets, hotels, cafes (eatloveplay) etc to hold ur party. My friend's recent bb party was at downtown east and everyone had a good time. Hotels are more for private events only for ur loved ones. Cafes are great as they have activities for LOs. Another popular location will be indoor playground parties. LOs can have fun after the party celebration.

Read more
8y ago

Hi Tresa, may I have the contact of the magician, balloons sculpturing & hand activities? Are they good? What are the rates? Did ur fren celebrated at the new resort in Downtowneast?

I'd take baby to the zoo! At this age, a fascinating place like the zoo would be awesome. I'd plan a half day at the zoo and pack some finger foods and invite close family and friends. We can have a mini "picnic" and learn about the animals at the same time. If outdoors are not something you'd consider, a day at the baby gym is good too. You can pack a simple cake and some goodie bags for baby's "friends" and celebrate there. I've been to one of those and it was so much fun!

Read more

I prefer to have it real small. I persobally feel that most of the time parents tend to over spend. Afterall this is about baby. Baby will not remember all the extravagant things. I would rather have a small gathering with close friends and family to share the bundle of joy with me and baby. Not forgetting, i love cake pops, definetly suitable for kids too.

Read more

We plan to host a small party for 30-40 Pax at home, mostly close family and some of our closest friends. Get some caterers and a small cake. Baby won't remember first birthday lah

VIP Member

Celebrate it at an Indoor playground! This was peekaroo at Tras street

Post reply image

Cake smash!