basic needs

what are the main basic needs to get for baby? first time mum and 4+mths preg. we have yet to purchase anything and gender unknown yet. other than pram, stroller, milk bottles(how many show we get too). planning is so stressful

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t be stressed, you have so much time! I only finished preparing in my third trimester. Enjoy the process :) Listing down what I’m using for my 3 mo little girl since birth : Baby room: baby cot, storage for clothes, pjs, swaddle cloths, hankies, blankets, hats, mittens, booties Baby bath time or cleaning: bathtub, shower gel, baby lotion, towels, baby nail clippers, tongue cleaner (optional), cotton wool, nappy cream, wet wipes Baby feeding: milk bottles (quantity depends if u are breastfeeding or not. If yes and direct latching you will not need so many. If no, it will be easier to buy more so you don’t have to keep washing. Personally I have 4 bottles as I only do 3x bottle feed a day while the rest is direct latching), sterilizer, bottle brush, breast pump, breast milk storage bags, pacifier (optional) Others: stroller, car seat, baby gym playmat, diaper bag For mommy: sanitary pads, disposable underwear, breast pads, nipple cream, Hope this helps but try not to go overboard! You will eventually receive gifts or free gifts etc. ask away if unclear :)

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, I'm a first time mum too. U can search Google for a good checklist of items. Many things are quite unnecessary in fact. I buy most of the essentials from 1 Jalan Wangi, baby store there. Mittens/booties are $1/pair. Baby rompers 5 for $15. I like that it's usually not very crowded. Esp on weekdays.

Read more
Post reply image
5y ago

glad it's of some help to you

VIP Member

How about checking with your friends and relatives if there is any handmedown item to pass you first? After that, then you can check through what else you need!