11.11 sales. What to prepare for 1st newborn baby?

Hi all, 1st time mum here due early March. Is it too early to prepare things for the baby? Not sure what to get & would appreciate your recommendations/advise what to prepare My list so far: Cot, pram, diapers, baby bath tub, milk bottles & sterilizer What other essential things to buy? ☺️☺️☺️

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

no such thing as too early 😝 here is my list (I took out the items you've already stated in your list) - Bottle Brush and detergent - Baby Laundry Detergent - Baby Shower Gel - Baby Nail Cutter / electric Filer - Diaper Changing Mat - Baby safe Wet Wipes - Nappy Rash Cream - Burp Cloth - Baby Shower Towels - Baby Hankerchiefs - Nasal Aspirator (to suck out the mucus from nose) - Baby Carrier (like Ergo Baby) - Car Seat (important if you own a car; otherwise you can opt to take taxi which doesnt require baby to be in car seat) - kotex overnight panty (for after birth, there will be Lochia, a vaginal discharge to clear out whatever remains in the womb) - thermometer - baby mittens and booties the non-essentials you can consider: - soothing sound machine (got white noise and baby music to help soothe baby/help baby sleep) - Pacifier - Swaddle - anti flat head pillow for baby - baby bouncer - cooling pads for healing vaginal stitches (if natural birth) - maternity waist support belt (usually in 3rd trimester there will be back ache, this will help) - stretch marks cream are you intending to breastfeed? if yes can consider getting breatpump, nipple cream, breast pads (to absorb leaking breast milk), nursing bras, breast milk storage bags, nursing pillow etc during 11.11 sale on shopee.

Read more
6mo ago

thanks so much for the list, it's really helpful! 😃

If you don’t have a water dispenser at home, get a bottle warmer. It was a life saver as I did not need to keep boiling water 🤣 Things like pram, car seat you might not need it at the beginning. Can just wait for the next mega sale in March.

6mo ago

thank you!! ❤️