What is this? My doctor told me yesterday that it was a viral rash like roseola. But it seems pretty scary to me! Should I go back and get it checked again?

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My child had a rosela fever before. The rash didnt look that angry and bumpy. It could be a reaction to something else he ate. Try checking back with the same PD to get a confirm answer. Meanwhile, try to keep personal hygiene clean. It could be an allergic reaction to something that isnt clean. Get your child to drink plenty of water to flush out the toxin in their body.

Read more
Post reply image

You do not need to do anything if the child doesn't feel uncomfortable. But normally it will be quite itchy and you can apply calamine lotion to soothe it. If the rashes persist for more than 3 days, please visit PD. I hold the same opinion as Jorelle it doesn't look like roseola rashes. I suggest you to seek a 2nd opinion from another PD to confirm whether it is roseola or eczema.

Read more

It looks like a very severe rash. I would immediately go and see Dr belinda murugasu at Mt Elizabeth. She is fantastic pediatrician

TapFluencer

Hello can I know what remedy was being give to your LO. My daughter has the same one but i just kept giving calamine lotion.

Yeah it looks really scary. Pls go to the doctor to get it checked!