What is the normal schedule for a confinement nanny? Having one for the first time and am unsure of what she's supposed to help with. Do you ask her to buy the confinement related things like herbs etc?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This was my confinement nanny's schedule when she was with me. I didn't fix it she just did whatever she felt was right. 6am prepare red date tea and herbs for my bath, she takes her breakfast as well 8am prepare my breakfast then bath for baby 10am prepare ingredients for lunch 12nn cook lunch 3pm prepare tea time snacks 6pm wipe down the baby for night's rest 8pm ensure baby has been put to sleep and she watches tv with my family In between the fixed schedule she feeds and handles the baby. In the middle of the night if we encounter any issues we also wake her up to help us. Groceries were bought by father in law weekly as per nanny's shopping list. Herbs were bought on our own before she arrived. Didn't want to have any monetary exchange to prevent conflicts.

Read more

A confinement nanny suppose to take care both of the mummy and baby. For mummy, it is more on preparing nutritious confinement food. Thus, breakfast, lunch, tea time and dinner must be planned properly by the confinement lady. However, you should advise the confinement lady on the meals schedule that you would prefer (e.g. late breakfast or early lunch etc.). For baby, all the baby needs must be attained by the confinement lady to give mummy a good rest during confinement (other than breastfeeding). Normally mummy will start to pick up the skills during the last week of confinement from the confinement lady. If you intend to co-sleep with baby at night in order to latch on baby, you should communicate with the confinement lady.

Read more

Confinement related items was purchased before delivery by my family with the list of items stated by the confinement lady. She wakes up early in the morning to cook breakfast before heading to the market to buy groceries needed for the week. Then she will clean the house and shower my baby. In the afternoon, I do allow her to take naps or sometimes watch TV after lunch. She will start cooking again in the evening as she has informed that I will have to eat early dinner. She is allowed to watch TV after dinner for awhile before she sleeps. From night till the next morning, she will wake up in between to take care of the baby.

Read more
VIP Member

Confinement nannies are supposed to look after both mother and baby, so night duties are supposed to be covered by her. She can take naps when the baby is asleep. Marketing is "supposed" to be done by your family but can be done by her for an extra fee.

thanks