Confinement nannies recommendations

Hello all mummies, this is my first time being pregnant and would like to ask for confinement nannies recommendations ☺️ Im not sure what will the nanny help with, will she take care of baby + cook confinement meals + massage to reduce water retention?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's wonderful that you're already thinking ahead about your postpartum care. A good confinement nanny can make a world of difference during this precious time. Yes, typically, a confinement nanny is there to assist you with various tasks to support your recovery and help with newborn care. They often take care of the baby, preparing meals for you based on traditional postpartum recipes that are believed to aid recovery, and yes, they can provide postnatal massages to help reduce water retention and promote healing. Having a confinement nanny can truly ease the transition into motherhood, allowing you to focus on bonding with your little one and taking care of yourself. If you're considering hiring one, it's essential to find someone experienced and reliable. You might want to ask for recommendations from friends or family members who have had positive experiences with confinement nannies. Additionally, there are agencies that specialize in providing qualified confinement nannies who can meet your specific needs. Remember, every mother's experience is unique, so it's essential to communicate your preferences and expectations clearly with your confinement nanny to ensure a harmonious experience for everyone involved. Wishing you a smooth pregnancy journey and a beautiful postpartum period ahead! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Highly recommend to go for agency, price diff is just a 100-200. With agency, u can change if nanny is not suitable or there are issues that u are not satisfied with. Freelance they can accept ur job but might not turn up and u can't fault them as there is no contract. I hired back my first nanny who was from PEM but later resigned and did her own. When she is with agency and freelance, the work ethics are so diff. In the end I fired her (hired her for 42 days) at the 18th day cos I couldn't take it. She gave me alot of mental stress. Hired a 2 week nanny from PEM and life was so much better and I was happier.

Read more

i wish to share my experience. i am a FTM and thought i didn't need any confinement nanny and my mother could "help" with the confinement by taking care of baby. meals i ordered from tianwei. total disaster. my NB cried and cried at night and i couldnt sleep for 30 days. the full 30+ days i was crying everyday because i was so stressed. during daytime, mum would help but i would have to do laundry, and other miscellaneous. i regret so much not hiring a nanny. pls hire one. even now my LO is 2 mths + I'm still feeling so depressed

Read more

The nanny will help to tc of the baby, cook your meals, boil red date water, prep herbal bath, do the laundry for yourself and baby, and perform very basic chores like sweep and mop floor. They don't massage, you'll have to engage post natal massage companies or masseuse for that. I hired mine through PEM confinement since I didn't want the hassle of dealing with freelancers. They will cook for hub as well, but don't do laundry for him.

Read more
3w ago

I think some of that depends on what your nann knows or has experience in, they're not compulsory must-knows or dos. Mine didn't help advice on any of those since she didn't have the knowledge, so I googled and asked around a lot.

Currently still with my conf nanny super happy with her! Engaged thru PEM. My baby sleep with her as it's easier for her to care. She's attentive and never misses any wee hours feed. Nanny priority is baby and mummy. Milk feeding, shower baby, cooking, simple chores. Nanny will also prepare herbs for mummy's shower, everyday red dates drink, herbal soup. As for massage, it's separate usually not done by nanny herself.

Read more
3w ago

Do u mind recommending your nanny? :)

I hired a freelancer nanny and she’s the best! She cooks really well (I did not have a repeated dish during my confinement period) and look after my son really well too (both my hub and I could sleep well because of her). She helps with simple household chores and cook for the husband too!

2w ago

Hello, can share contact for your nanny?

Mine was PEM cos I heard horror stories for private ones.. I was v happy with mine, we appointed her. She will take care of baby and cook and simple chores (but we have helper so didn’t really need her to do chores but she would still clean up). Massage is from the PNSG

3w ago

I also had my massage from pnsg. they will massage and then bind at the end. You'll wear the binder minimally for 6 to 8 hrs, overnight if possible. That binder is honestly uncomfortable haha

You can try my nanny, 燕姐. Freelancer from M’sia with 10 years of experience. The thing about agency is that they charges high levy and they only promise nanny with at least 3 years of experience.

6d ago

+60 17-286 9959

Whats the market rate for confinement nanny nowadays? In terms of month