Confinement nanny's job

Hey gals, just wondering, what are the tasks which I can ask the confinement nanny to do? For example, can I ask them to cook for my husband and guests (if there are guests in my house) other than myself? Can I ask them to do housework like vacuuming the floor, or washing the toilet or changing mattress sheets or doing laundry? Can I ask them to do grocery shopping? Also what would be their usual baby care schedule like? How much time will be taking care of mum and baby? And how much time will they have left to do other things? Sleep schedule? Any example schedule from mums who have experience? Thanks! #advicepls #firsttimemom #FTM #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nanny only cooks for you and hubby. If need to cook more people need to pay additional. They will do simple house chores (washing clothes/vacuum and mop floor). Grocery shopping high chance is nanny will list down what she needs and daddy go buy. The nanny i hire morning will have a shower for baby. Then will make baby sleep, feed, change diapers based on their cues. Evening time wipe down then same schedule again till the next day. In between when baby sleeps, she will prepare meals for you. Just a point is that they are there to help u look after the newborn and to nourish back mommy health.

Read more
TapFluencer

specifically to take care of mommy & newborn... can cook more for husband & very basic housework so mommy wont need to do it... prob not grocery shopping coz need to be present for mommy & newborn... sleep schedule revolves around mommy & newborn

They can only cook for husband, not guests (some may oblige but it’s not their job). They can do basic cleaning, especially if it involves baby or if you need help. Yes they can do grocery shopping too.