What is the most difficult thing about being a dad?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think, for my ex husband, it was the sudden overwhelming sense of responsibility and sense of helpless as he watched me be able to handle our son much efficiently and faster. It came to me naturally but he struggled trying to figure out what was going on and it was apparent. Unfortunately, instead of wanting to learn, he ended up with another woman because it was easier that way.

Read more

A father plays vital roles and responsibilities in the family, especially bringing back money for family. For my husband, he wishes to spend more time with our children but at the same time he knows he needs to juggle his work. He always feel very guilty for can't spend enough time with his children due to his busy work schedule.

Read more

Figuring out what "hands-on" really means; For me it was 1) keeping the feeding diary 2) defending Mummy's naps by cleaning, burping, feeding once expressing was possible, cooking a few meals 3) making the update everyone phone calls - that was just he first few weeks

For my husband, he always says all of us dont listen. He is of a different breed and the kids follow me. Lol. Also learning. How to have emotions. Its tough as he never knew what it was.

Watching your wife goes through pain and suffering, but not being able to do anything about it.

thanks