What according to you was the most surprising thing about breastfeeding?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Something a lot of my friends agreed on is that the two breasts produces different amount of milk. Another point is one that is shared by a friend who was reading up about breastfeeding. She shared that a mother's breast can detect changes in baby’s body temperature (even if it is just one degree!) and would adjust accordingly to heat up or cool down baby as needed. She was saying this is the reason why there should be skin-to-skin contact with baby.

Read more

There are a lot of surprising things i learned about breastfeeding. One is that, milk can change within a 24 hour period to adjust to the baby's needs. Enteromammary pathways is a very amazing way to protect your child when you are sick. There are very little limits that restrict a mom to breastfeed. You can drink alcohol even when breastfeeding.

Read more

It really creates a special bond naturally between your baby and you. When baby just came out i never liked him for about 2 months or more. I hated him. Today, i have no idea what and how but i fell in love with him and i love the moments of breastfeeding. The bond is indescribable.

Breastfeeding surprises me in a lot of ways I can never imagine. I never have to stand up in the middle of the night just to feed my baby because wherever we go, food for our lo is just within their reach! Amazing isn't it?

The most surprising thing abouy breastfeeding is that it's not easy. Before giving birth, all I thought was latch and you're good to go. But nope, it's not. Breastfeeding moms go through a lot of pain, soreness and stuff.

That what you eat can have impact on your milk supply

VIP Member

How much I miss it now that I have stopped