What would you do if your spouse doesn't agree on something because of his beliefs, and yet you think it might benefit your family?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am not sure you and your husband disagree on what matter. Let me give an example on my side. For my husband, he thinks that spanking on kids is totally fine due to his upbringing. However, for me I would like to adopt positive parenting approach as I am totally against spanking. After having kids, it is unavoidable to have different views in parenting between both of us. I tried my best to share articles and readings and show my husband what are positive parenting benefits and why spanking is doing more harm. It is always easier to say than done. Thus, I always try my best to use what I have learned from positive parenting and adopt the approaches in front of my husband and prove that it works. Thus, actual action is very important in proving to my husband positive parenting actually suits our family better. After almost 5 years, he slowly accept my approach and also I can see he adopts them at times too.

Read more
8y ago

corporal punishment should only used when there is a guilty mind and action with no reasonable mitigation factor or is an issue of safety.