What are good first pets for kids?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We had parrots at home and though my kids develop a connection with him, and he too, since, he could speak and imitate us, but I still think that caging a bird is not a good experience one should expose one's kids to. Sadly, and thankfully (at the same time) the bird flew one day, and now, we have a dog. And I think, he is just not a pet but a family member who teaches my kids a lot. My kids have learnt to be caring and loving from him. I think having dog as a pet is the best thing one can do for their kids.

Read more

Hey, We have a dog and it is our first pet for our daughter and I find it perfect for her. She has developed such a strong bonding with him, and he is like a brother now. Since, he is a giant breed, he soon will turn elder to him. My daughter completely adores him and I have seen how her emotions are growing strong and I think it is so much because of our pet.

Read more
7y ago

i agree with you.👍👍👍

I agree with the fish or bird as first pet. They're easier to maintain and take care of. They also don't occupy a large space in the house so you can put them inside para lagi nakikita ng kids.

I have 2 cats for my kids. My older boy is 3uears old and my second boy is 8months old. It's good to educate them from young. Dogs are also another good option.

First pet of my kids is a bird. Actually pair ung binili namin for them, male and female. It's a good start kasi hindi masyado mahirap alagaan.

I think fish is a great starter. Takot ang mga bata sa mga hairy and moving animals. Pero syempre as they grow, mawawala naman yun.

I think fish is a good first pet. Your kid can also feed it easily which can help him develop his sense of responsibility.

My baby always looks at the cats of our neighbor. I think it's good enough even though we don't buy pet of our own.

I'm a dog lover so I will give my kid a chihuahua. Based on research, dogs make the kids feel better.

We hv bought an aquarium fr our kid ...nd he really loved it..