Pets (cats or dogs) at home during pregnancy

Is it advisable to avoid handling pets (cats/dogs) at home during pregnancy? It’s faeces etc could be harmful for baby and unhealthy yes? What about after baby is born? Is it good to be around pets then??

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I only know about cats. As long as you keep your cats indoors, it won’t be a problem. But just to be extra cautious, wear gloves and mask when clearing their litterbox. Wash your hands thoroughly after that. Once baby is born, do not leave your baby unattended with your pets. Please don’t abandon your pets just because you’re having a baby. Pets are also a lifetime commitment, treat them like your own baby.

Read more

there were studies about babies less likely to develop asthma, eczema if they grow up with cats/dogs. i think it's safe as long as ur pets don't show signs of aggression. My dog is very protective of me ever since I got pregnant. Whenever hubby touches me she will start growling at him. My dog will also gently put him paw or her head on my tummy 😄

Read more
VIP Member

We kept our dog during pregnancy and even after giving birth. We shower him every 3 days and always wash him after his morning and night walk. So far, no issues.

I also want to know about that