What do ftwm do when your lo is sticky with your helper? I let my lo sit on walker, he will straight go find the helper instead of my family members. But the main caregiver isn't the helper.. when I carried him, he doesn't want anyone..

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess it is normal to feel pangs of imbalanced feelings when we see our babies closer to other people like helper or mother in law. But quite surprised that the helper is not the main caretaker yet your baby sticks to her. Maybe your helper plays with him a lot? Babies tend to like the people who can entertain them and usually this will not be the mommy who is stressed up with all the cleaning up and chores. I recall I preferred my dad to my mom when I was young Coz my dad always played with us and hardly scold us. My mom is the discipline mistress at home and is tired from the chores. But when I grow up I became closer to my mom. Moms will always be moms, the bond is strong. Don't feel emotional too much, am sure he loves you a lot and even more when he grows older :) for now isn't it good he sticks to others? Then you have more time for yourself, I sometimes wish my gal is not sticky to me Coz I need a life too.

Read more

actually i don't quite understand what u are upset about if when u carry him he doesn't want anyone? i think that it is totally normal because he is being looked after by ur helper and feels his needs being met by the helper better? e.g.. he may want to play or something and he always gets a positive respond when he goes to the helper versus to a family member who may be tired and not satisfy him well enough. i think u can just let it be. whenever possible just spend more quality time with the child. there isn't a lot of problem actually. helpers are not forever, family members are. i had a helper looking after me almost all my life and i am ok w my parents

Read more

I have a confession - same thing happens in my family and I hate hate hate it. But I know once baby grows up confirm he wil be closer to me as I control the purse strings. ;p

8y ago

What happen? That's what I think too. Or probably, able to stay far from them is possible..