How to make baby laugh

Hi mummies, I have a 4 months old baby. My baby seems to laugh at his daddy, my helper more than me. Although I do spend time with him from feeding him, changing his diaper, calming him , putting him to sleep, he doesn't laugh much at me even when I try to make funny sounds/faces or do funny things. But the same thing if daddy or helper does it, he will laugh. Did anyone go through something similar? I am trying not to be oversensitive about it but just worried my son may not want to bond with me. Any tips what can I do? 🙏

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal. For now, you are them and vice versa. They see daddy and helper as another human being. My baby was like this, now she smiles and laugh all day 😂. Don’t worry about it. Just continue to interact with baby as how you would normally do. Fun fact: If baby is used to seeing you with or without glasses, when you do the other way round, they will think of you as a whole new stranger and cry 😅.

Read more
11mo ago

Alright. Thanks for sharing your experience, gives me some hope too 😊

Hmm you have to find that trigger to make baby laugh. Try to continue to interact with her and I’m sure one day you will make her laugh :)