What is the best discipline I can do to my 2years old baby?because he always cry if he never get his wants if I said no he still crying I don't want punch him every time I iterated if he cry if he don't get what he want?what is the best way to discipline him?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

When our child cries or is having his/her tantrums, we as parents automatically react to it and it often works because that’s the point of it, to get our reaction. However, if we always react to our child’s tantrums, it will only reinforce the tantrums and increase the frequency of it. The more we give in, the more our child does it because he/she is getting what he/she wants. And what many parents fail to understand is that even a spank or yelling is still attention and still helps to reinforce the tantrum. What is generally very effective about reducing tantrums is not attention, but a complete dearth/LACK of it. As difficult as it is to do so, the tantrum will generally go away once the attention is removed. Sometimes the hard lesson our kids need to learn is that just because we love them doesn’t mean we will always do what they demand. :) Be tough on saying NO at times. Say No, calmly explain why and then be firm with it. Do not get swayed by the tantrums afterwards. Kids are very observant and they learn fast. And they learn from our behaviors too. How we react to their cries/tantrums will teach them what to and what not to do next time.

Magbasa pa

Don’t give in just let him cry dahil pag pinagbigyan mo siya kahit isang beses lang dadaanin kana niyan sa iyak palagi. Walang namamatay na bata dahil sa kakaiyak. And its normal for two years old acting like that. They can’t handle big emotions yet kaya nga tinatawag na “terrible two”. Redirection is the key. Redirect his attention sa ibang bagay. Huwag mo paluin at huwag mo sigawan mas lalong lalala yan. Support mo lang siya hanggang mag subside yong emotion nya.

Magbasa pa

Looks like your son is now controlling you. I think the best thing to do is stand on your ground and your no means no. If he cries, don't give what he wants because the moment you give in his demands, he will think that the only way for him to get what he wants is to cry. He will do that always.

VIP Member

Try to be firm. Children knows how to manipulate adults. But please, don't punch him. Just give him a "times-up". "Facing the wall" would be a good example, when disciplining a child. That's what my nanny in UAE did to me when i was little. Ahaha

Magbasa pa

Be consistent po , let him learn about the difference between YES and NO. Best punishment is to let him face the wall until he calms down...then talk to your baby , explain why he needs to get punished .

Yes I agree with Joey. Do not give in. If he cries and doesn't stop from it, then let him. And talk to him if hes calmed down. At least that's what I do :)

Dont give in to his cries. Let him. Be consistent with your rules. So that he'l get used to it until he gets older.

VIP Member

Do time out. Let him scream his lungs out but don't give in.