At what age did you let your baby watch TV/iPad?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

My Tita said that she did not expose her baby to gadgets like TV/tablet of even smartphones up to age 4. I know that nowadays, kids as early as 2 years of age are exposed to these kinds of gadgets. My Tita said that she personally did not let her kid be exposed to these for the following reasons: 1. health risks--too much radiation, bad for the eyes, etc. 2. she wants her kid to be physically active and enjoy playing actual games than be entertained by different apps.

Magbasa pa

Ideally, starting 2 years old. But since there are times we really need to get some things done at home, especially for my wife, we resort to cartoons. As early as 1 yo, we let our kid watch TV. It's a really great pacifier for kids. However, rule is it mustn't go beyond 1 hr

My pediatrician strictly implements a no-gadget-until-you're-two rule. She says that exposing children to gadgets, even the TV, causes hyperactivity. Reading books and physical activities are still the best way to entertain them.

My daughter, who is 3, plays with our iPad every now and then, but always under our supervision. i wouldn't recommend letting a baby watch too much TV, when they're closer to the toddler age (closer to 3) it's more appropriate.

I haven't given birth yet but I plan to make my baby watch TV seldomly because I've read it's not really good for their developing brains. At a young age, babies do not have the stimuli to process things usually seen on TV.

When my kid was around 4 months, we tried to let him watch nursery rhymes from ChuchuTV. But now, we don't often let him watch unless we have to finish very important things. As much as possible, we limit it to an hour.

Even if I'm thinking of "no gadget until two years old" when I was pregnant, my baby has been watching nursery rhyme videos when she reached six months. But we limit it to a maximum of 2 hours total in a day.

Pag 2 years old na siya. She is 16 months now. Very smart kaya cguro dahil hindi ko pa pinapanuod ng tv. Mas more laru kaming dalawa at laro sa labas ng bahay.

My baby started watching tv/ipad at 8 months. However, my first two boys didn't get to qatch tv until they are 1.

VIP Member

My baby started watching cellphone and tv at 3months old in the morning for his brain activity

4y ago

Nako