Gender Disappointment - Wanted A Boy But Expecting A Girl

Went for an ultrascan at 17 weeks and the gynae says the baby is healthy and we may be expecting a girl. I'm more than a little disappointed because I've been dreaming of having a little boy and this is honestly not what I'm expecting. Having growing up with two nieces and two nephews since they were babies, I have an overwhelming preference for boys. And I just can't help feeling disappointed that I'm now carrying a girl. My husband thinks it's silly and I should be glad that the baby is healthy and well. But I'm trying hard to come to terms with it. Somehow still holding on to hope that the baby will turn out to be a boy at the next ultrascan or even at the delivery room. Has anyone experienced gender Disappointment? How did u handle it?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I cried when i found out my first baby was a boy.. i badly wanted a girl! I prefer girls than boys hahahha..But gradually the feeling just fades away as i kept looking at cute baby boy pics..god den gave me 2 boys and a girl.. i love them all the same tho they all gave me headaches hahahahahahah

Be blessed that u are expecting a girl, a girl will tend to be more caring to the mum. I wanted a girl but expecting a boy now, doesnt matter.. who knows your next pregnancy is the gender u want. Be blessed and thankful as some dont even have the chance to experience pregnancy 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Just learn to accept fate... like me having 5 boy and 1 gal only.. believe god is a good planner. I wanted another gal so much but i learnt to accept and move on. Maybe when they grow up they can give me good daughter- in law. Just think positive.. believe me u will be happy

It’s ok, i also thought having a baby boy when pregnant last time , but turn out having a baby girl. Now i love my little princess so so so much. Never think of baby boy for a moment 😜 (maybe second child haha). As long healthy is more important 👍🏻👍🏻

Read more

Baby’s gender depends on the father’s. Heard it’s either the diet or genes. So stop blaming yourself, count your blessing like others recommend here. You can always try again. Ask your husband to eat more red meat from now on. Heard it helps to conceive a boy.

I am your opposite. I wanted a girl but my second born is a boy too. I believe god has his own arrangement. Every child is a gift and be contented as long the child is healthy unless u want to give birth until you have the gender you want.

VIP Member

I wanted a girl. Both my kids came out boys and we're not trying for another. They are mine and I wouldn't want it any other way. A healthy child is the most important thing in this context. Not gender.

VIP Member

i really want a boy too cause i always get girls. and even my grandparents hoping for me to get a boy. BUT as i see my baby is healthy in the ultrasound, the dissapointment has gone. :)

All children regardless of gender are God’s gifts As long as healthy is the biggest concern Think about other women who wants children but can’t!

VIP Member

Your husband is right, most important is that your child is healthy. You'll see for yourself what we mean when you meet your lil princess(: