Gender disappointment.

How should one deal with gender disappointment? My no1 is a girl just as I wanted n expected n now I'm having a no2, tbh I'm okay with both genders for no2 but would prefer another girl n for no3 to be a boy. I have a strong feeling that my no2 is a girl but people around me are constantly telling it's a boy as I already have a girl. My detailed scan is in a few days n i'm now "afraid" or rather anxious about this baby's gender. How do I cope if it turns out everyone was right : Constructive advice only please, i will definitely still love the child but like I said i'd prefer a girl now n boy later

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

My hub prefers a girl for our 4th. I don't mind any as long as my baby is well and healthy. We already had 2 girls and a boy. My mum said I carried a girl based on the shape of my belly but my sisters said otherwise. I knew I was having a boy because I had a terrible morning sickness, just like I had before when I was pregnant with my son, the 3rd. My hub was kind of dissapointed just like he did with our 2nd (he was expecting a boy but we had a girl). Then we had a complications with our pregnancy. I had to deliver our baby preterm and it was the most painful labour ever. He said he has never seen me in that kind of pain before (epidural did not work on me). And he ends up loving this baby as much as our grown up children. Our baby is a bouncy and very active 8 mth old infant today.

Read more