Gender disappointment

I have 2 gals and now I preg with 3rd one. Been hoping for a boy yet turns out to be another gal. I can't help feeling so sad. I have did what I can to try increase the % of getting a boy. I am so disappointed and envy friends with boy. How to overcome this feeling.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got pregnant after 10 yrs last I gave birth to a boy. My husband was hoping for another girl. As for me I don't mind any gender as long as my baby's healthy. Turns out our baby is a boy. My husband was disappointed but now he loves him more than he felt that way. Our boy have his sister's features, soft look and always people thought he is a girl when I always dress him up in blue. My family & my husband's side has a pattern. My side, eldest and youngest are boys. Whereas for my husband, eldest is always a girl and the youngest is a boy. Getting pregnant is a huge blessing. I will not even feel disappointed or sad for things that is out of my control. And, it's your husband's sperm that determines the baby's gender.

Read more

i only wanted 1 child due to my hubby age and i desperately wanted a boy. For my hubby he didnt mind as long as healthy..i was so dissapointed that i cried when i found out its a girl. My daughter turned out to be the biggest blessing..so loving n caring..now i pregnant with 2nd child by accident and guess what i praying for another girl! My friend who has a boy says she wishes for a girl cause her boy doesnt show any affection..Life is so funny sometimes, we always want what we dont hv.

Read more
3y ago

ya agree the more you want it the more it turns opposite

Being able to conceive and have a healthy baby already is a blessing. There are many woman out there who wished so hard to be a mother but never had a chance. Being a mama of 3 girls, you are way lucky compared to many. Count your blessings and soon you will realize that gender is not the biggest concern. Chin up, keep smiling and have a happy baby!

Read more
3y ago

I know as my 2 gals already 14 and 8 so after 8yrs come another one which I naturally hope it would be a boy so that why I am so disappointed upon knowing is a gal.. but on the other side, at least I know my little one is healthy.

I grew up with 2 sisters, so my parents had 3 girls like you (much to my father's dismay), but I can tell you from the daughter's perspective, sisters are the best thing a girl could ever have. I love my sisters so much and being girls, we can share about anything and everything and we will understand each other better.

Read more
3y ago

ya my 2 gals also hope that it will be a gal.. haha just that we parents tot of having a boy to close the chapter.

Don't be disappointed and i know how you feel cause i also wanted a boy for my 1st pregnancy and once it comes to know the baby gende it is a girl i am disappointed and really wanted to cry but then after i gave birth to my baby girl

You can consider adopting or IVF, I heard it’s probably higher chance to get gender you desire. If natural conception, you have to go with the mindset that it’s a natural lottery, you cannot control the outcome.

3y ago

👦 or 👧 is a blessing ❤

I know.. I should be happy that my bb is healthy but just can't help feeling disappointed as won't be going for no 4 so tot a boy to close the chapter.

Super Mum

Hey Mama, There is hardly anything you can do to determine the gender of your baby. What’s most important is that she’s healthy and happy!

TapFluencer

i try to be contented with my lot in life 💕