delivery & confinement costs

Just want to seek an opinion from all experience mummies. Who pays for the hospital/delivery charges, confinement food, massage, etc? Your husband fully or half half or etc? Would like to know your thoughts about this! Thxxx!

35 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had an emergency csec which resulted in bill shock for my husband. Then he refused to pay for anything else, I didnt not even have a CL. I had to pay for massage, confinement meal catering myself. I had major melt downs alot of times even months and months after. My hubby was so scared that for second one, he makes sure to pay everything. I was like, come on la, you cannot share the pregnancy with me, you pay la...

Read more

My husband paid most of the bills. He paid for most of the check up charges & hospital bills. He also paid for most of baby items (clothes,stroller & uv), although I also help to bought some. While I sometimes paid for check up charges & some test like Panorama test. I also paid for the confinement nanny & post natal massage. Since we made baby together i think not fair if he paid all 😝

Read more

My husband pay for all the check up and hospital bill. He gave the best to me till now and even plan for single bedded for me to rest in hosp after giving birth. I told him I can settle the confinement cost and massage myself since I’m the one eating those food and I’m the one enjoying the massage. I feel he did a lot for me so I’m alright with paying for my own cost of enjoyment.

Read more

So far hubby pay for most prenatal checkups! But i offered to pay sometimes esp for bigger item like NIPT test since bb is both ours:) I would be offering to pay for my own massages and confinement food since he will be paying for delivery charges!

hub pay for check ups n hospital bills. I pay for confinement nanny or confinement bills for both preg. I pay for their clothing too while hub in charge of buying wipes n diapers. preschool half half

TapFluencer

All pregnancy-related expense is from our joint account, such as baby’s stuff, medical cost, CL, massage, appliances. I only pay from my own pocket if it’s vanity stuff like maternity wear.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who pay or not. Its like a both party responsibility. i dont think we should be too specific on it. I feel that its a give and take thing ba.

My hubby earns well but i dunwan him to pay for evry single thing. i buy everything like uv steriliser n miscellaneous. he pays hospital bills n bills i go for check up.

Mostly husband pay since can claim medisave at the end of the pregnancy, after that everything half half. E.g. Insurance he pay, I pay for baby expenses

Hospital bills all settled by hubbby. Confinement food like half half... Depend who go and buy... Kid things mainly hubby pay. As I used his credit card to swap