Restrictions?!

Hi, Wanna know if anyone experiences cases where the elders have strange advices on your food intake and how you handle them? For example, I was told NOT to eat the following foods/fruits that are recommended to have during pregnancy and to EAT the food where is it not recommended to have during pregnancy The DONTS by Elder - anything sour - kiwi - strawberries - yoghurt -bird nest - don’t drink too much water The DOs and OKAY by Elders - cold ham - papaya - LOTSSSS of durian (they say don’t be worried, I won’t get diabetes) - best to only eat apple and pear for fruits (really like only this two fruits for 9 months?!) Not saying I’m going to follow what the elder say, but I’m definitely will not be comfortable doing what I do usually with them around as I will be nagged and blamed for. How do you handle and manage all this “restrictions” given by the elders? Of cos one way to tackle this issue will be consulting the Gynae if the above foods are good to eat !

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Their advices might not be 100% true and it's not scientific proven. Gynae will advice no durian intake as that will result to diabetes. It's best to listen but don't need to follow. I listened and kept quiet. I didn't bother to argue back as they will not listen.